Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Chronic bone and muscle pain. Vitamin B12, vitamin D deficiency, high CRP and ASO in blood. Taking calcium tablets. Suggest something for early relief.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have chronic bone and muscle pain in my whole body from past 7 years. Currently i found that in my blood Vitamin D and B12 level is very low . I also have a high CRP and ASO in blood. So can you please suggest me some advise for early relief. And is this the reason of pain in the whole body.
I have started taking Calcium tablets a week before and it is reducing the pain mostly bone pain.
Waiting for an early reply
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

I have read your query. I am sorry that you are in pain for the last 7 years.

Well, your blood vitamin D and B12 both are very low. We need to know the cause for this and treat it accordingly.

Apart from Calcium, you must also start on Vitamin D tablets and a multivitamin capsule like Becosules for the low B12 levels. You must also continue to take these medicines for at least 6 months. The medications are available over the counter.

However, I would like you to get back to your treating doctor on these regards.

A high CRP and ASO in blood. There is probably an autoimmune process occurring in your body or there is a chronic inflammation.

You may be required to do further serology tests for RA factor, XXXXXXX ESR, etc.

You can get relief from pain by simple analgesics like Paracetamol or crocin.

You should take more nutritious food XXXXXXX in vegetables, fruits, milk, eggs, soya, meat that are XXXXXXX in proteins.

Yes, the reason of pain in the whole body is due to all these existent factors.

Hope this helps you to an extent. Write back for follow up queries that you may have.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor