Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Cholestrol, triglycerides. Angioplasty essential?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hello Doctor , I am 42 years old now in Qatar. I have no cariac issues yet;My father had cardiac problems; I have collestrol & triglicerides for more than 10 years; I have started medicine for the last 3 months; Now I feel I should do an angiogram & if needed angioplasty. Which in cochin is the best hospital & what is the cost ; I will be on vacation from July 5th to July 25'th and will be available in cochin. My weight is 82Kg with height 178. Non alchoholic / non smoker... Thanks
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

Although, the rise in the cholesterol is a risk factor for having a coronary artery disease but I am a little surprised you're going in for the angiography and planning for the angioplasty without having any symptoms.

Before going in the angiography which is an invasive test, it makes sense to do a stress echocardiography or a stress ECG to rule out coronary artery disease.

As per the guidelines, an angiography is recommended if there's a strong suspicion of the chest pain being due to angina or if the stress ECG/ECHO are positive for inducible ischemia (compromised blood supply of the heart at the peak exercise).

Lourdes & Lisie hospitals are good ones in Kochi to get the cardiac consultation and procedures done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor