Child with nose bleeding, epistaxis. Blood test showing high neutrophils, PTT. Coagulation factor activity low on Von willebrand panel. Advice?
It appears that your son may have a type of hemophilia. Hemophilia is a disorder of quake elation which is caused by a deficiency in a coagulation factor number eight or VIII. It appears that his factor eight activity level is a diminished. It is important for his doctors to determine whether she has a true coagulation factor deficit or whether he has developed some type of inhibitor of his factor eight activity. This can be evaluated through a mixing study.
A mixing study is a routine test performed at eight quake elation laboratory. It may take several days for the results are returned. In some individuals they might acquire some inhibitor of the factor eight activity. I will provide you with a link to a very extensive article which describes hemophilia and the inhibitor which I had mentioned here. The link is as follows:
right now it is also important that your son's physicians establish his quake elation so that his bleeding improves or resolves. They will need to follow his platelet count as well.
I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them here.
Regarding celiac disease I do not think that this would explain the issue that he is experiencing with coagulation. I suppose in a severe case of celiac disease it might cause some disturbance but I am not aware of this as a common phenomenon.
I think with the family history it is certainly worth checking. We will see what your test results show and then he can possibly be tested during the process of his further workup.
I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my answers to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them here. Otherwise please except my answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Von willebrand's and birth control
- Is drowsinessblurred vision a side effect of von willebrand factor?
- Treatment and cure for von willebrand
- Von willebrand disease causes
- Diagnosis of von willebrand
- Von willebrand causes
- Von willebrand disease treatment
- Von willebrand factor deficiency
- Diagnosis of von willebrand disease
- Von willebrand disease blood test
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...