How can irritable bowel syndrome be treated?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What can I do for IBS?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Questions so that I can answer more specifically

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Irritable bowel syndrome, which can be diarrhea, constipation, cramping, pain and bloating, is a diagnosis of exclusion. This means that other problems that can cause these same symptoms have to be ruled out first.

Can you please tell me what your symptoms are, how long they have been going on, and whether your doctor has made this diagnosis officially by ruling out other things (such as Celiac disease with testing, a colonoscopy, etc)?

I'll write back with more information after I hear back from you, thanks.