Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Child not interested in eating. What should be done to improve the eating habits?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions

My kid is 2 years old and has very less weight (10-12KGS) only. He is very fussy about eating. He only likes to eat chips, chocolates, cashew, almond, kurkure etc. He doesn't like regular north indian food. Please tell what to do to improve his eating habbits.

Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

It is very common in children of his age to avoid foods. This can happen in condition like flatulence or even considering taste.

I suggest you to give him Syp BONNISAN 5ml twice daily before food. This increases his hunger and improve his intake.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child not interested in eating. What should be done to improve the eating habits? 13 hours later
Thanks Doctor :) I used to give Bonnisan to him last year but from last few months I stopped it. Let me check this again and I'll get back to you if need any more assistance.
Thanks and have a great evening.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.

If any queries you can get back to me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor