Child has itchy rash. What could be the cause?
allergies. Weve had him tested as our other son has many allergies.
Thanks for the query and photographs,
If you see closely, the rash is starting from center and fading out while progressing towards periphery.
This type of rash is seen in streptococcal infections.
Please get the following tests done,
1. Throat swab to detect streptococci
2. ASO Titres
These two are specific tests for streptococci.
Please get these tests done and let me know the result.
Waiting for your response,
Wishing your child good health.
ASO titre required
Thanks for the follow up.
You dont need to worry much.
Throat swab is not required if it was a month ago,
however I would still suggest the ASO titres.
Its not urgent, get it done according to your convenience.
Let me know if you need to clarify anything.
Possibility of carrier state is there
Yes there is a possibility that he might be a carrier of strepto,
Usually there should be fever but subclinical infections may not present with this.
Get the ASO titres, this will give a clear indication of the disease.
Please dont worry, I am not saying that he has the disease, but a possibility must be ruled out.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for rash on hand
- What could cause itchy rashes on the legs
- What causes itchy rash on abdomen
- Child has itchy rash what could be the cause
- What could cause rashes on the testicles
- What could cause itchy rashes that is spreading rapidly
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What could be the cause of rashes on neck
- What is the cause for itchy swollen rashes
- What could cause a rash and itchiness around torso
- Have swollen lymph node in neck and swollen lingual tonsils. Biopsy...
- Swallowed a pill without water. Started getting severe pain in throat...
- Have fluttering sensation under nipple, numbness in arm and leg. Any...
- Taking pulse treatment for pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gastric trouble....
- 27 years old. Facing problem of white beard. How to control this?
- Stomachache and gastritis. Noticed mucus in stool. CT scan normal. What...
- Small red itchy rashes appeared on skin. Suggest some medication
- Treated for non-diabetic neuropathy. Have swelling in calf, which goes...
- Have red patches on leg. No pain or itching. Should I be worried?
- Should I be worried if globulin level is in normal range?