Chest tightness and abdominal bloating. Not cured by medicine. Is there any complication?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: stomach bloatingi have had a bloated painful stomachs for weeks now. it feels tender on the lower left side and sometimes makes my chest and back feel tight.

i have taken antacids and gas relieving medications and nothing works.

is it serious?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Tenderness in left lower quadrant most often is due to diverticulitis.

You need a course of antibiotics. Try to take liquid and a bland diet. Try to avoid fiber till the pain goes away.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 minutes later
will this also be causing the tight chest and feeling of being full?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 minutes later
No, diverticulitis does not cause tightness in the chest and feeling being full.
This could be due to acid peptic disease.
OTC prilosec would be helpful.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini