Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Chest tightness, CHF history, generalized anxiety disorder, having zoloft. Causes ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
32 year old female with two days of chest tightness and discomfort. Feel the need to take a XXXXXXX breath often and/ or yawn - but not short of breath. No trauma or illness otherwise. History of CHF after fluid overload (postpartum) - that was three years ago. I also have generalized anxiety disorder - have had for 10 years - my anxiety does not normally manifest this way. I take 200 mg of zoloft a day - no other medications. Thank you in advance for your help
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

I appreciate your concern towards your health. First of all it is important for you to get examined by a physician for having the complaint of tightness in chest. There could be several reasons for this.

The common ones are:

1.Rise in blood pressure.

2.Some cardiac ailment.


4.Gastric discomfort.

5.Some form of weakness may be due to fever or otherwise.

6.Some infection in chest.

You have a history of one of the cardiac problems, though we know the cause, still I feel that it will be better for you to visit a physician and get your self examined. You at least need to have your blood pressure checked, blood sugar and EKG done as per the advise from your physician.

In the mean time, avoid taking large meals, take rest, avoid physical exertion and try taking antacids if you have one with you. You might feel better with all these, still to play safe physician visit is a must. You can even opt to go to ER.

I hope this answers you query, I will be happy to answer if you have some more queries about this.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor