Can vaginal tear due to bikini waxing be treated with Neosporin?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Can I treat vaginal tear in labia region due to bikini waxing with neosporin? What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A small tear on the labia due to waxing can be treated by keeping the area clean and applying antiseptic ointment like neosporin after washing with savlon. Wear only cotton undergarments till then to avoid any irritation. It is likely to improve in next 4-5 days. Please do not worry. Such minor tears do heal spontaneously. In case there is persistent pain and watery discharge from the area then oral antibiotics may be needed to control the infection after consulting your gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal