Can vaccination for shingles be taken while taking Cimzia shots for arthritis?
cannot take a live vaccine with this medication
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
He cannot get the shingles vaccine or any other live vaccine (measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, rota, yellow fever, influenza)
A live vaccine is a significantly weakened and altered version of the live virus.
Since the cimzia affects the immune system, it is possible that on receiving this or any live vaccine that he may not become immunized but may develop the particular infection.
If he already has a history of shingles, the vaccine may cause worsening not improvement.
The medication (cimzia) would alter his immune system and affect his response to the vaccine.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How effective is shingles vaccine
- Shingles vaccine neomycin
- Can the shingles vaccine give you shingles
- Shingles vaccine and chemo
- Shingles vaccine side effects
- Shingles vaccine and enbrel
- Neomycin allergy and shingles vaccine
- Is there any benefit of taking shingles shot
- Shingles vaccine while breastfeeding
- Department of health shingles vaccine