How can sore throat, fever and rashes on the body be treated?
The check for chicken pox
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a viral infection, probably chicken pox.
Would you clarify a few things for me?
*do you have any other medical issues or take any medications?
*have you had chicken pox earlier?
*have you taken all the recommended vaccination in childhood and before travel?
*how do the rashes look? Like blisters, or raised without fluid?
I recommend :
-drink plenty of fluids. Avoid sugary, carbonated and too much of caffeinated beverages.
-avoid contact with other ill individuals and with children and elderly to prevent infection from spreading.
- monitor your temperature orally(under the tongue to the side) after 5 minutes after a drink or meal. Do this thrice a day and note it down.
-gargle with warm water and have warm fluids. Avoid acidic juices (orange and lemon) and cold foods/drinks.
-apply cool compression for itch.
-see a doctor for the rashes and throat to check for typical rash of chicken pox.
This needs to be examined to make a proper diagnosis.
If your temperature rises beyond 100f, or your throat pain becomes severe, scarlet fever needs to be checked for.
-blood tests (complete blood count, kidney function tests)
-throat swab if indicated.
-lactocalamine lotion for local application over the rash of itching is severe.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat fever body aches mucus
- Splenectomy sore throat fever
- Sore throat fever weak
- Headache sore throat fever rashes all over body virus
- Vyvanse sore throat fever
- Headache sore throat fever body ache nauseated
- Hcg sore throat fever
- Sore throat fever body aches green bm
- Coughing sore throat fever
- Sore throat fever burping