Can sunburn cause swollen lymph nodes while taking Accutane?
Thanks for posting your query.
You say, you are on Accutane (Isotretinoin) a form of vitamin-A for probably acne and have developed a major sunburn and enlarged lymph glands. You want to know if the three are related.
Accutane can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. So avoid exposure to direct sunlight or artificial UV rays. And, yes, a major skin reaction like a severe sunburn can lead to enlargement of lymph glands in the neck/draining area.
You can stop using the cream for sometime till the reaction of the sunburn subside and glands becomes normal and then begin again, but use only at night this time.
If it does not subside in a week's time, do see your doctor.
Hope my answer has helped. You can get back if you have a follow up query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause swollen lymph nodes
- Will costochondritis cause swollen lymph nodes
- Dentures causes swollen lymph nodes
- Sunburn swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph node groin
- Taking mdma and swollen lymph node
- Implanon causing swollen lymph nodes
- Can sunburn cause swollen lymph nodes while taking accutane
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes