Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Can small inner ear bone cause dizziness and numbness in the hands and legs while driving?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12617 Questions
Sir my age is 31.I developed dizziness when i drive car and get numbness in hands and legs while sleeping.I had taken ct scan of my brain and temporal bone.ENT doctor said that my inner ear bone is small and suggested me to take nootrophil,vertin and stematil for two weeks.iam taking for past four days improvement is there but not full.can you suggest better remedy?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

The dizziness you are having is because of the inner ear problem for which you are getting the correct treatment. The problems of the inner ear are usually slow to improve. If the dizziness is so much that it is hindering your daily activities and is posing a problem in driving then you need to increase the doses of vertin and stemetil after consulting with your doctor.

The numbness in hands and legs is more likely to be a nerve related problem. For improvement, you can add methylcobalamin supplements at least 1000 to 1500 micrograms at night. Taking a diet XXXXXXX in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin C will also be helpful.

Meanwhile, do take precautions while driving. If you do not feel comfortable doing it, stay away from it for sometime.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor