Can pregnancy occur without deep penetration?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
Dear Doctor,I and my wife are trying to beget a child for past two months now but i am unable to make deep penetration inside vagina,can you tell me is deep penetration a must for getting a child
am 32 year old healthy male and my wife is 29 years old healthy female and i have a excellent sperm report with high % of active sperms
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Deep pentration or superficial does not matter for pregnancy.

2. As long as you are able to ejaculate inside vagina nothing to worry it is enough.

3. If your sperms are good then you need to get your wife investigated.

4. Please get HSG test done to know tubal status.

5. If HSG is normal then it is better to go for IUI treatment.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Can pregnancy occur without deep penetration? 2 hours later
Thank you Doctor for your reply,kindly clarify2 more doubts

1.My wife has a history of timely regular preriods,in that condition how much time as per you, should we try in order to get a natural pregnancy.For your info we are married 2.5 years now and only it has been two months we are copulating without protection

2.My wife complains that she cant feel that my penis has entered her vagina,but i feel that it does penetrate a bit.For your info I had a compalint of partial erectile dysfunction,which is almost cured now after i went through medical treatment and my semen analysis was found normal.we are in doubt if the semen has entered the female system or not.In that condition what is your suggestion.
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Though periods are regular you need to get tested if you don't conceive within one year. You can try naturally for one year.

If you have erectile dysfunction and is cured now you should be able to insert fully. You can check it while having intercourse. Easy way to find out. This clarifies your doubt I guess.