Can pregnancy occur despite using withdrawal method with contraceptive?
Need more information
Good morning. thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I am here to answer to your concerns regarding the episode.
Was it a protected or an unprotected sexual act? what form?vaginal, anal or oral in nature.
Regarding risk of STDs
protected sex is safer although there is still a risk of HSV (Genital Herpes) and HPV (Genital Warts) as a condom covers only option of the shaft and the base is exposed for skin to skip contact during intercourse. However STDs like HIV, syphilis, Gonorrhea, chlamydia are largely prevented by a condom.
There is no chance of pregnancy with protected sex.
Get tested for documentation
Testing would document.
As I said in my last reply with reference to this particular sexual contact with sex worker that there is a low risk of transmission of Genital Herpes (HSV) despite it being a protected sexual act. Therefore you may get tested at 4 - 6 weeks and then repeat testing at 12 weeks with Elisa for HSV type 1&2, IgG and IgM.
Since you have had 2 different sexual partners therefore it is better to get tested with full panel STD screening tests including HIV, HSV and VDRL at the same time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the method to use oral contraceptive pill
- What contraceptives are there to avoid pregnancy
- Is withdrawal a safe method of contraception
- Oral contraceptives prevent pregnancy by
- Regestrone pregnancy contraceptive pills
- Pregnancy and the contraceptive pill
- Using other methods of contraception with microlite
- Contraception and teenage pregnancy
- Contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy
- Oral contraception and pregnancy