Can laxatives cause miscarriage?
my wife is 6 days delayed and she has cramps in her lower abdomen. the cramps is on and off.would this be an indication of a miscarriage? but she is not bleedng though.
Not an indication of miscarriage
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
No, laxatives do not cause miscarriage unless it causes severe diarrhea.
Cramps are common in early pregnancy. It is not at all the indication of miscarriage.
I will suggest her to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated including ultrasound and get treated accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Miscarriage causes hypomenorrhea
- Is leukorrhea cause of miscarriage
- Can taking cremaffin laxative cause a miscarriage
- Can laxatives lead to miscarriage or abortion
- Laxative cause early miscarriage
- Elax laxative causes miscarriage
- Can laxatives cause miscarriage
- Miscarriage causes
- What laxatives can cause miscarriage
- Can using a laxative cause a miscarriage