Can inactive and asymptomatic hepatitis-B be transmitted?
i mean inactive hep b
Yes it is possible.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
Yes one can transmit HepB if no disease and only carrier or asymptomatic. It is spread through contact with the blood and body fluids of an infected person by sex with an infected person without using a condom, sharing needles or
sharing personal items like razors or toothbrushes. One cannot get hepatitis B from casual contact such as hugging, kissing, sneezing, coughing, or sharing food or drinks. The infectivity depends upon HBsAg and HBeAg levels. If person develops anti HBe he is less likely to transmit the virus.
Hope I answered your query.
Rating and review will be appreciated.
Dr Sheetal Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of inactive hepatitis b
- Diagnosis of asymptomatic hepatitis b
- Diagnosis of inactive hepatitis b
- Asymptomatic hepatitis b causes
- Drugs/medication for asymptomatic hepatitis b
- Treatment and cure for asymptomatic hepatitis b
- Symptoms of asymptomatic hepatitis b
- Hepatitis b inactive carrier
- Inactive hepatitis b causes
- How is hepatitis b transmitted