Can i take Vomistop for nausea and stomach pain?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Peptic Ulcer
Question: hello I am XXXXXXX I am diagnised with gastritis after endoscopy. Abdominal scan done and it is normal. After diagonised with H.Pyloli I have undergone tremenht for 10 days with Clarithromycin and pantoparazole. I have completed antibiotic treatment a week ago under medical supervision. Now I am advised to take Pan 40 daily one upto one month. My problem is vomiting sensation though the stomach pain reduced greatly. How to stop vomitting sensation. Shall I take vomistop and How long.

YYYY@YYYY /

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

For your vomiting sensation you may take vomistop(domperidone) . Vomistop is trade name containing domperidone drug. It is effective. This you may take till vomiting sensation subside which will take some time.
Another option is you may take combination of pantoprazole and Domperidone which are available. This will reduce taking 2 tablets at a time. You can take this medication with your local doctor prescription.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Deepika Patil 46 minutes later
WEAKNESS IS PERSISTING. ANY VITAMIN TABLET SUGGESTED
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:

Usually there won't be weakness with
H.pylori infection.

Vitamin you may take beneficial tablets which contains all essential minerals and vitamins(multivitamins) . These are taken once a day till weakness subscide. This will cover minor deficiency if any are there .

Hope I have answered your query .

Dr.Deepika Patil