Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Can feeling burning on penis be STD indication and how can it be diagnosed?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3014 Questions
Hi Doctor, I would like to thank you for your service. I am male and 24 yrs old. I had sneezing, cough and cold and I was slightly recovered. After when i was recovered, I went to a massage center (i.e. 5 days ago). She didn't have any open cut on fingers. At the end, she gave me hand job, rubbed my head with oil and i ejaculated. At the same time, I also inserted 1 cm of my index finger into her vagina for a second and taken out. I also don't have any cut on finger. I immediately washed my finger and then washed my penis with sanitizer and had head bath in cold water. The next day i didn't feel anything on my penis and washed my penis head with soap. But after two days, i am feeling and still feeling burning at the tip of the penis. And also having terrible sneezing, cough and cold. My question: Are these symptoms of STD? Will i get any STDs (HIV, Herpes, curable/non-curable or whatever) due to above activity? Do i want to test if burning continues? I am very feared and I am keep on thinking about the stupid activity i did. Kindly reply doctor. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please see below. Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand your concern. You have not mentioned anywhere that you had vaginal or oral intercourse. so I consider, you have not. So, it is very unlikely to get any kind of sexually transmitted disease with the activities you indulged in. This kind of burning sensation can be incidental and not related to the activities you underwent unless you really had no intercourse either oral or vaginal. Herpes is a viral infection which is highly communicable disease. it can be transmitted by direct or indirect contact meaning via oral or vaginal intercourse and also through fomites (any infected object). If you are really scared , you may go to a nearby hospital , since i can see , you are from India , our government hospitals have , STD Centers and Voluntary Counselling And Testing Centers. There you can get your testing done for free and in confidence. However , with the details you have mentioned , i personally don't recommend any testing. But you should promise to your self, that you would not repeat such things in future. I have tried my best to answer your query, if still you have any query, please do ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can feeling burning on penis be STD indication and how can it be diagnosed? 2 hours later
Thanks doctor. I am from chennai. I didn't have intercourse at all. no vaginal sex. no oral sex. no anal sex. I saw my penis head now, there are no spots or burns but a tiny tear at the tip of the right side of penis head. I think this happened because of the pressure applied by her while rubbing head with oil. I want to take test for herpes in addition to hiv test to peace my mind. Do I want to take any other tests in addition to these two? I know that rapid test (antibodies test) is to detect hiv. What is the test for herpes? I could see a lot of testing centres and labs where hiv testing is done. Will they also conduct test for herpes? When should i go for testing? (after two weeks?) Thanks.
Follow-up: Can feeling burning on penis be STD indication and how can it be diagnosed? 11 hours later
And also, light fever and body pain came now due to cold. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: tests detailed below Detailed Answer: Dear Friend If you had no intercourse , vaginal / rectal /oral , it is unlikely that you will get HIV. But herpes can be transmitted through kissing and handling infected objects. You can get your self tested for herpes. I am not sure whether the Government hospitals ICTC department tests for Herpes or not , but you can visit them specifically STD department. Even if they don't test , they can tell you where you can get tested for herpes in your city. Following tests are done for herpes infection : 1. Herpes virus antigen detection test 2. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test 3. Antibody tests - Most commonly employed test - Because antibodies take time to develop after the first infection, you may not have a positive antibody test if you have just recently been infected. Usually test becomes positive after 1-2 weeks. Your flu like symptoms might be as a result of co-incidentally a viral infection. However , with the infection of HIV and Herpes , Flu like symptoms sometimes occur at onset on infection. Get tested , Be sure. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you XXXXXXX not have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor