Can denture cleaners cause bad breath?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Dental Health
Question: Can dental partial cleaners with ingredients of astringent citric acid, bleach, vinegar or hydrogen peroxide cause your breath to smell like alcohol (beer, wine, liquor) ?

Thanks - XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Denture cleaner does not seems to be the cause..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your query denture cleaners have not seen to cause alcohol smell in nose as the denture cleaner is completely cleaned off from denture before they are placed in mouth..

It is only possible that you smell like alcohol if the denture cleaner is not being cleaned properly from the denture while insertion on mouth

There can be other causes but can only be thought of once you answer the questions asked below.

1.Is the smell present all the time even after removal of Partial denture?

2.Kindly brief me the process you follow to clean the denture before you place it in mouth?

3.Do you also experience any other symptoms like nasal congestion or drainage?

Any further queries are welcome.

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards..
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T