Can chest tightness lead to asthma?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: i am 35 years male, whenever i feed pigeons, i feel mild chest tightness which stays for 4-5 hours after contact. can this cause me asthma in long run or how early can i be affected by asthma, how to prevent asthma permanently?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can be asthama

Detailed Answer:

Asthama is a condition wherein the lung airway conduction system becomes hyper responsive to general allergens.This leads to their abnormal contraction and subsequent breathlessness. Bird droppings or feathers can be a allergen.

Chest tightness you describe is itself hyper responsiveness to the allergen. I believe it cant be too late when you may be diagnosed asthamatic.

I suggest you to get allergy tests like skin prick test or blood allergy tests and Pulmonary function tests done. They give a clear picture into whether or not you are in the initial phases or far from danger.

Do avoid feeding pigeons, if you are sure that is the reason for your chest tightness.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T