Owl Image

What do these blood reports indicate?

Question
Can you please give me an idea of what the attached blood report indicates - allergies? Urine Infection? etc. the Uric Acid and IgE (whatever that is) appear to be very high. Can you suggest treatments? Thank you!
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a high Ige usually indicates allergies

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

A high IgE (immunoglobulin E) usually indicates allergies. IgE (immunoglobulin E) are a type of white blood cell.

The report is not attached , only the information stated in the question can be seen. You can attach it.

If the IgE is high, you may want to follow it up with specific allergy tests. The high result just states that the person has allergies, but it doesn't state what causes the allergic reaction.
Specific allergy tests can be done for various possible sources- medications, foods and drinks, spices, grasses/pollen, animals, fruits, vegetables etc

Blood or skin prick tests can be done.

Once the exact allergen is determined then you can reduce or eliminate your exposure to it.
Anti histamines, steroids, medications such as montelukast or ketotifen- can be used for allergies

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions