What causes pimples on the body in an infant?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Child Health
Question: My son is 6 month and 17 days old . Every day he has one new pimple in his body. The photo of same is attached .
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have seen the pictures.
Based on your description and photos i could think of these possibilities
1. Inscet bite like mosquito allergy.
This is very common in kids , occurs in exposed areas associated with itching.
2. Contact allergy due to soap, creams or cosmetics like powder. Avoid all these and use only mild syndet based soap. Avoid powder.
3. Bacterial infection , though is possible usually has associated fever and pus formation.
I would suggest to try anti histamines like cetrizine to decrease allergy and avoid mosquitoes by using proper net for baby crib.
If lesions increase or if your baby develops other symptoms like fever consult your doctor.
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana