Can ayurvedic treatment effectively reduce enlarged prostate?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Hi. I am 28 year old male. 5"4" 65kg. Recently I had been diagnosed with enlarged prostate. I have been taking ayurvedic treatment for that. 3 months back when I was playing tennis, I streched my groin area. The doctor did physical exam and told me I have hernia. The pain is not excrutiating. I am confused what to do. Can ayurvedic treatment effectively reduce enlarged prostate. I heard that to do hernia surgery first I need to get my prostate treated.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can treat the prostate enlargment

Detailed Answer:
Hai,

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic.

It is uncommon for a men to get prostate enlargement at the age of 28 years.
We need to rule out the cause behind your prostate enlargement.
However,unless if you have any problem in urination like burning sensation while passing urine and urinary incontinence you need treatment and medication for such condition.(i didn't find any symptoms and the size of your prostate from your quote.)

Normally some individual will have prostate will be in large size without any symptoms/disturbance.

Ayurvedic medicine will effectively reduce the symptoms created by the enlarged prostate.

So take medicine if you have any problem that i have mentioned above.

For your hernia kindly get an opinion from two different surgeon.
I didn't find any risk to undergo hernia surgery with prostate enlargement.depends on the prostate size surgeon will decide.

Kindly let me know if you have any further clarification.

Thank you
Stay healthy

Follow-up: Can ayurvedic treatment effectively reduce enlarged prostate? 53 minutes later
Actually I did have burning sensation after urination. I had been ayurvedic medication since 3 days. yhe burning sensation is very minimal now. Again I am not sure if it is caused by enlarged prostate or hernia. I have always had frequent urination. But. Burning after urination is new symptom I m noticing after I got hernia. The doctor who checked my hernia also an ayurvedic doc told me right now its small.

Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
proper examination need

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for your reply.

As of now frequent urination depends on the intake of liquid content and climate will also influence.

in prostate enlargement urinary incontinence will be the major issue.that mean you will go for voiding urine and in half away you will return without emptying your bladder.
kindly get clarify on it.
Burning urination is related with your urinary pathway. Hernia is nothing to play any role in urinary tract irritation and burning sensation.burning sensation will be in infection and also in lack of hydration.

Kindly visit a general surgeon to examine your hernia and his condition in terms of grading and further management.
you can continue the medication prescribed by your doctor for prostate enlargement.

Thank you
stay healthy