Can anxiety cause hypochondriac pain?

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: what are the physical symptoms of anxeity can anxeity cause pain like hypochondria?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physical symptoms of anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

Anxiety can cause variety of symptoms like restlessness, redness of face, rapid heart beat or palpitations, sweating, trembling, dizziness, dryness of throat, choking sensation in throat, epigastric distress, sensation of emptiness in stomach, butterfly like sensation in epigastrium and a lot of somatic symptoms.

Yes it can cause symptoms like chest heaviness or even pain in hypochondria.

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 11 hours later
can this pain be felt in arms legs stomach rib cage etc shoulders ?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be felt in arms and shoulders.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Yes that pain can be felt in shoulders too. The heaviness in arms and shoulders is commonly seen in anxiety. Pain in embolism is severe while in anxiety its dull heaviness type.

Thanks.