Can a standard urine test detect Chlamydia?
Question: Can a standard urine test detect an std such as Chlamydia?
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Chlamydia can be tested either with a urine sample or with a bodily fluid like urethral discharge. But the latter will be more accurate. Its easily treatable with antibiotics if the test is positive.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- Gc and chlamydia urine test
- Chlamydia urine test
- False positives for urine chlamydia tests
- Urine chlamydia test sensitivity
- Can a standard urine test detect chlamydia
- Chlamydia urine test accuracy
- Can a doctor detect chlamydia from urine quick
- Chlamydia urine test marijuana
- Chlamydia infection possible to detect in urine test
- Negative chlamydia urine test
Questions Answered By Dr. Rhea Chanda
- Planing for baby, dont get orgasm. Frequency of intercourse?
- Heaviness,pushing feeling in vagina
- Menstrual period since 15 days,dark brown with lots of clots,using implanon
- Diet advice for gastritis?
- Diffuse fatty infiltration of liver,body mass index is 30.7
- Uncontrolled nausea,lower abdomen cramps,extreme fatigue,missed birth...
- Lump at the bottom of vulva, bleeding, oozing. Swab was normal. What can...
- Mild heart attack, gone unnoticed, infarction in the EKG
- Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?
- Hydrocele,no pain, taken hetrazan. Surgery?