Can a person with heart murmur take Ritalin and Vyvanse?
I have a heart murmur and due to my mental hygiene have been prescribed Vyvanse, Ritalin, Celexa, and Xanax for my Borderline personality disorder and depression. My question is, Is it okay to take Ritalin and vyvanse with my small heart murmur? I had my heart checked 2 years ago and my cardiologist said my mumur wasn't life threatening and didn't have to worry. Any thoughts, just looking for a few more professional opinions
H and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Ritalin and Vyvanse may be used with caution in patients with heart problems. The treatment may be started under doctor control to avoid unwanted side effects.
If you were my patients I would suggest to repeat Cardiac echo and ECG before starting the treatment (since your echo was done 2 years ago). If everything was normal than you may take the combination therapy as prescribed by your doctor.
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking mdma with a heart murmur
- Heart murmur after taking anabolics
- Vyvanse and heart murmur
- Vyvanse and weed with heart murmur
- Is it alright to take aspirin for heart murmurs
- Does vyvanse cause heart murmurs
- Heart murmur and ritalin
- Slight heart murmur vyvanse
- Can i take vyvanse and have a heart murmur
- Innocent heart murmur and vyvanse