Suggest treatment for symptoms of low blood pressure

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I have high blood pressure and have had it for several years. I am on Atenolol and losartan/hydrochloroth. I do have skip heart beats and very fast heart beats, heart murmur. Just recently for the past few days, I feel like I'm going to pass out and I'm cold where my fingertips are numb for a bit. I did take my bp yesterday and it was 116/47. I'm starting to get worried. Should I be concerned or am I just being paronode
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that considering your symptoms I don't think that you are getting paranoid.

Your blood pressure is going low that's why you are having all these symptoms. So its time to adjust the dosage of your Bp medicines and few tests needs to he done like echocardiography and couple of blood tests like
1. Complete Blood Count
2. Kidney function test
3. Serum electrolytes

Kindly consult your treating doctor and discuss these points with him.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap