Can Vitex pill increase the chances of getting pregnant?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,

I have PCOS problem. Because of PCOS i am missing periods and not getting pregnancy. I saw in some forums that if I use the VITEX pills, will i get pregnancy?. If yes how many days do i need to use these pills?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
vitex pills are herbal and don't cause pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to healtcaremagic.com for an opinion.
Vitex Extract is an herbal product. It is thought to work by regulating hormone production through the pituitary gland in the brain. These are pills which can assist in providing supplements during prenatal and antenatal period.
In a PCOS case, where the testosterone milieu is higher, and if you intend a pregnancy then the best way would be to undergo ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination thereafter.
It is important that you discuss the possibility with you physician and take uninformed decision.
I hope i have answered your query,
regards
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist