Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Semen analysis showed oligoathenozoospermia, bilateral hydrocele. Treatment?

Hi doctor .. i m safy from egypt . married one year ago but no luck of getting pregnant .. i m 29 years . i went for consultation and my doctor told me every thing is normal and she asked to see me at time of ovulation . and every thing was just good .. my husband was asked for semen analysis and the results he got was : count : concentration 8.18 million .. grade a ( rapid progression ) : is 12.5% .... morphology : 24% so the diagnosis was ; oligoathenozoospermia .. by us: no varicocele but with mild bilateral hydrocele i m very worry please answer me what is the most suitable way to treat such cases .. i m dying to have a baby of my own .. i wish you can help me sir plz
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  243
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello. Thanks for the query,

Oligospermia refers to semen with a low concentration of sperm which is a common finding in male infertility.
Asthenozoospermia refers to reduced sperm motility.

Hydrocele needs operative corrections.
Clomiphene citrate in oligospermia.
Combination of tamoxifen plus testosterone.
IUI-intrauterine inseminations can be performed.
In more severe cases IVF, or IVF - ICSI is done and is often the best option.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, sperm count is lower than required ( normal is >15 million as per WHO 2010).

Sperm motility is also lower than required ( normal is >50% as per WHO 2010).

Sperm morphology is also within normal limit ( normal is 04% as per WHO 2010).

So, overall, there is abnormality in only count and motility.

Consult with your treating doctor for starting Coenzyme Q and vitamin E group of drugs.

Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor