Can Olanzapine and Innateskin's multivitamin pills be taken together?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014
Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi, is there an interaction between olanzapine and innateskin's multivitamin pills? also, is there an interaction between abilify and innateskin's multivitamin pills? next question, is there an interaction between abilify/olanzapine and acnepril? when i say interaction, I mean would it be dangerous to take the olanzapine/abilify together with acnepril/innateskin's. Because I'm currently on olanzapine and might be on abilify in the future if my doctor decides to put me on it and I'm thinking of taking either innateskin's multivitamin or acnepril to combat my acne. If you aren't sure what the contents are in innateskin, here is the website where you can check the vitamins and tell me if it's safe, >http://www.innateskin.com/clearskinvitaminpack/
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take them without any harm

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Innate skin pack and acnepril, both contains natural product like vitamin or essential amino acids. These products do not have any interaction with olanzapine or abilify. You can take them without any harm or tension.

If you have more query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Can Olanzapine and Innateskin's multivitamin pills be taken together? 4 minutes later
So are you saying that medications don't interact with natural products consisting of vitamins/minerals/herbs?

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No harm in taking them together

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes, antipsychotics do not interact with multivitamins. Multivitamins help to decrease the side effects cause by these drugs. So, there is no harm in using them together.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist