Can Meprate be taken to postpone menstruation?

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doc
i have irregular periods issue. So, my doc gave me meprate to be taken for 5 days and Incyst M for 3 months. I completed my dose of meprate today and started Incyst from today. Next weekend, i would be visiting a holy place n totally forgot about this. So, now am scared if i would get my periods then. Also by google found that meprate is used to delay my periods. Am confused now!!!
Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes madam,Meprate has both action

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for trusting us for your health related queries.
I guess your concern is that,when you visit the XXXXXXX place you dont want to get periods.But,you have already taken meprate which may cause bleeding.I understood what you are trying to convey.

Meprate has dual action.It can be used to postpone the periods and also for withdrawal bleeding.

Usually when its planned to postpone the periods,the medicine is started 3 days prior to expected date of menses.

As you have told that you have irregular periods,its difficult to guide when you have to start the medicines That is why i have told the general protocol-that it can be started 3 days prior.

Advice-Its wise to visit back your treating doctor as he/she may be having a gross idea when you can get your menses.
I hope this information is helpful and useful to you.

Feel free to ask further queries.
Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 9 minutes later
Thank You Doc for the prompt guidance!

Good Night:)
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
I hope everything turns out to be fine.

Feel free to ask further health related queries.

Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana