Can HIV be contracted through protected sex with a lambskin condom?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Last night my HIV positive boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. I'm allergic to latex and decided to use a lambskin condom. But i didn't read about stds on the new condoms first. He did not have an orgasm, but we did have sex. Should I go get tested or go try to get the pep drugs. I'm debating going to the ER tonight or going to my Dr tomorrow. We both are aware that there was no ejaculation, but we're still concerned.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV with condom.

Detailed Answer:

If you had protected sex with condom either latex or lambskin then there is no risk of HIV or any other STD so no need to get tested or take PEP drugs. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and move on in life.

Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.

Dr. Sunil Jangid
HIV AIDS Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy