Owl Image

Can HIV be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

Question
Hi! I am a 28 year old male homosexual, i had an sexual encounter with another male , it was not anal sex , he sucked me, he gave me a blow job and i masturbated him. But later he told me that he is positive for HIV.
from then onwards i am worrying a lot , if i could have contracted HIV? I am showing some symptoms like swollen lymph nodes near the hinge joint , frequent flu and many pimples on face. this is worrying me at age of 28 no one gets pimples, but i am getting them.I am not able to focus on anything my life is mess. its 6 weeks now and waiting for window to complete to get tested. what would have been the risk of this transmission i my case? is a six weeks test conclusive and they ask for prescription for a HIV DUO test , can you give me a prescription ? for getting tested , kindly tell what i should i do my lymph nodes are bothering me. as of now its only in epitrichelar lymph nodes which i read is an indication of HIV infetion.
after how many days of lymph node swelling do test become positive and as of now no palpable lymph nodes in the submadibular , inguinal and axillary regions . i pray they should not be palpable too . i am traumatised help please.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry. You can rely on the current report

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The likelihood of HIV spreading in this manner is low, nevertheless, it is possible. A HIV test however, should be reassuring. A six week test is reliable and conclusive and I do not suppose that you need to wait any longer. However, negativity at longer durations can be more reassuring. I do not suppose that the mentioned issues are actually due to HIV and do not suppose that the lymph nodes are a cause for concern.

If you want to retest or if you want a HIV DUO test done, you can get a prescription from the urgent care/ER but I would be unable to provide a prescription due to the limitations of this platform.

Let me know if I could help further.