Is HIV 4th generation CMIA test done 12 weeks post exposure conclusive?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Dear Doctor, from the followup that I had communicated you on Nov 19 ,yesterday I have taken same hiv1 and 2 &p24 Cmia test on 84 days(12weeks) from the exposure which is non-reactive and index value 0.26 . Is it now conclusive ?. Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back once again.
Thank you for posting your query.
Yes, it is very much conclusive. 4th generation HIV test is highly reliable and it ruled out HIV by two means. The absence of both antibodies and antigen for HIV, 12 weeks after exposure clearly ruled out HIV beyond any doubt. Your results are conclusive and confirmatory. Forget that incident.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Thank you so much doctor for the reassurance again. I will forget this now and move on my life.. resume my family life. advanced happy New Year doctor
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back. Thanks for your wishes. 2018 will bring happiness in you and your mind for ever!
I am happy to hear that you prepared yourself to be back to action! All the best!!
Dr S.Murugan