Can HIV be contracted through an open wound?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: hi I was bleeding from my upper lip due from shaving and I was a bit when i was getting breakfast now as I was eating french toast with a lot of syrup I ate a particular piece and it was sooo salty like really salty I know it was food but my question is when the manager at the restaurant gave me my foodI hope he ant bleeding anywhere?? I know I was bleeding bt I dont know about this individual thanks Btw I swallowed the Peace that was really salty hiv test dont or no what would you really doo?

now when i think about its sick to my stomach
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No HIV test is required.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of getting HIV through the exposure which you had mentioned is not possible at all so no HIV testing is required. Avoid relating every incidence with HIV as these kind of exposure are impossible.

The stomach problem may be due to food you ate not related to HIV. Allay the fear or anxiety related to HIV, avoid stress or tension and move on in life. For any further query feel free to ask me any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 13 minutes later
But why blood really salty though I swear it was really salty though and I know it was from the blood me or the other person like I don't know
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to food.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The blood may be salty due to the food you have or you feel like that nothing else and even though it is salty than also nothing is the matter of concern so don't exacerbate the things and move ahead in life.

Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 18 minutes later
But blood tastes really salty
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is normally salty.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back once again.

The taste of blood is usually salty that's why such type of feeling is there nothing more than it so no need to think upon excessively as there is no risk of HIV in any way so calm down and move ahead.

Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 0 minute later
But really is blood tastes salty though

I'll try I was reading could make you sick and make u vomit and there's a special drink I think the doctor gives you ok so the French toast I ate was salty please explain. That particular piece so who's blood was this mine or hoe the other person ???

The stomach breaks down though

Ok thanks I feel better so I'm safe though ?? Oponon or fact

But I know what I'm getting at

What's this mark on thigh???
Brief Answer:
It is not related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

The mark on the thigh is due to allergic reaction or other fungal infection as per attached photo but it is not related to HIV. Consult any dermatologist for treatment and follow the advice. You are free from HIV so don't get worried or scared and move on.

Thank You

Brief Answer:
I don't think so.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I don't think that electrical has any thing to do with the tears as per my knowledge but you can surely have second opinion on this at healthcare magic. If still any query is there feel free to ask me again.

Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 4 hours later
Ok

Please explain a electoral fire ??? Does electrical have to do with improper wires or tears on the covering thanks

Can u find out though please reason being my whole refrigrator stopped working this was a few days ago or more now the despencer from the eefridgerator the light can't even turn off he lights are working though now can this start an electoral fire please find out as few people which I told said to me no and another person said don't think it's a safety issue should I be concerns

If i were to unplug it this would solve the issue would you worry about fires please define electoral fires????? I heard it would of happen already so far nothing

Explain electoral fires the definition I would really appreciate u finding out for me thanks I don't smell anything per my knowledge thanks

My handy man said don't unplug it leave it what. Do u say
Brief Answer:
It is not of any concern.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

The way you are thinking is not considered as risk in any way as per my experience and knowledge of HIV. For any other issues apart from that you have to consult concerned specialist to get much better information. Again I will advice you to calm down.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj