Can Diclofenac Sodium and Tylenol be taken together?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can you take diclofenac sodium and extra strength tylenol at the same time?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be used together

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yes, these can be used together. There are no interactions between these families of medications.

Tylenol is the trade name for the drug acetaminophen and this can be combined with drugs in the NSAID family such as diclofenac

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
what is the answer. Send to YYYY@YYYY .

How much extra strength tylenol (500 milligrams) can be safely taken in a 24 hr period?

What is the answer?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no more than 6 in a 24 hour period

Detailed Answer:
HI

The answer to the first question-- yes, these can be used together, there are no known interactions

The second-- the maximum dose of extra strength tylenol that can be used in 24 hour period is 6 tablets a day. TWO tablets can be taken every 6 hours , not to go over 6 tablets in a 24 hour period.

If anything else unclear, can let me know