• question-icon

Can Dicaris cause acidity?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My wife is having problem of vitiligo she had dicaris tablet yesterday since then she is having acidity and general feeling of uneasiness. My question is this normal and till what time this symptoms will remain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Levamisole is an antihelminthic

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Dicaris is levamisole and is an anti-helminthic and prolonged administration is needed in vitiligo.

It rarely causes side effects and include nausea, vomiting, anemia, etc. Yes sometimes it can cause acidity. This symptoms will disappear in few days if she stops taking dicaris. If she continues taking dicaris, there is chance that it may worsen.

There are two option to deal with this. One is to not take levamisole. Second is to take antacids to counter the problem.

Hope it answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Vaishalee Punj