• question-icon

Can Daxid be increased to 75mg dosage to treat depression?

Posted on Wed, 4 Oct 2017 in Mental Health
Question: SIR My name is XXXXXXX gupta , my height is 5.1 inch less height due to which i am in depression , i take prescription from XXXXXXX  pgi 2 month ago , doctor prescribe me serataline daxid 50 mg per day , i get releif 10-15 days but after sometine it gave no relief , so i personally increase 50mg to 75 mg but no relief , my problem is that i am unable to express myself , my face feel stretched all the time , i am not able to laugh , all these happens when i am not home at home i feel okay at home  , i think all people are looking at me , very nervious feel , and this is happening to me 10-12 years time . i work in a private company as electrical enginner  for last 5 years but no promotion , i am unmarried age 28 years salary 25 thousand . i feel very confuse. 
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dose of daxid can be increased further

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Icliniq.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that the effective dose of sertraline in depression is 100-200 mg for most individuals. I understand that there was effect on 50 mg but it is common observation that effect achieved on lower dose rarely sustained. So increasing the dose of sertraline to 100 mg or higher in guidance of your doctor is recommended.

In addition as there is definite reason for experiencing depression the CBT should be the part of treatment. It is form of psychotherapy which takes care of negative emotions and thoughts and helps in depression. Considering this treatment from a psychologist along with medications are recommended.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 days later
one doctor advice me to take betacap 20 mg can i take it , when i take seratiline daxid 100 gm i am feeling slightly breathing problem what to do
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Betacap is just a temporary solution

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for follow up.

Although betacap is good for acute management of anxiety disorders but not recommended for long duration.

This is due to the fact that it causes depression as side effect and do not address the anxiety with its underlying cause.

I understand that daxid have side effects but they are often limited to initial one or two weeks and disappear spontaneously with passage of time.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist