Can Cymbala be taken with Bupropion?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Mental Health
Question: MaynI take cymbala 60mg with bupropion 100mg?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Thank you fro contacting HCM with your healthcare concerns

You are currently being treated with both Wellbutrin buproprion and Cymbalta and you are concerned about drug interactions. These two drugs are frequently used together to help depression. They augment each other. There is a caution when using these two together that the cymbalta drug levels may elevate. This is not something that is clinically apparent unless you are at high doses of cymbalta.

The buproprion by itself can increase the risk for seizures if you already have a seizure disorder.

In summary
1. OK for the two medication to be taken together
2. caution with increased drug levels of cymbalta
3. buproprion increased risk of seizures.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again with your healthcare questions and concerns