Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
Livalo may be responsible for elevated CK levels
I can certainly understand your concern,
I have worked through your query and the reports in detail,
First and foremost, CK doesn't rise to such high levels in CFS and de Quervain's tenosynovitis.
Rest of your reports are within normal limits except for Elevated Cholesterol and CK levels.
The elevation of CK levels in your case is probably related to side effects of the pill Livalo. This cholesterol-lowering drug is known to cause muscle damage causing elevation of muscle enzyme CK.
It's important to stop the intake of Livalo, other significant kidney damage, later on, may ensue.
Please Cross verify with your physician with regard to Livalo.
Post your further questions if any.
Also, about 10 years ago a node was found on my thyroid and I haven't done anything with that since. They said that's why my body temperature is slightly low and it's hard for me to loose weight.
My thumbs have been splinted 24/7 for 3 weeks now for the de Quervain's tenosynovitis and my hands hurt less. I have a CK test due again in a week.
I don't feel quite as bad/sore as I did when my CK was 900+
Review with latest reports of CPK
I worked through your query in detail
Considering your description, it's advisable to get a complete Thyroid profile testing along with Ultrasound of neck to rule out malignancy( Occult or Gross) arising from Thyroid or elsewhere in the neck.
Likewise if possible Mortan's Neuroma may require nerve modulating agents to control the pain.
Elevated CPK may at times cause kidney shut down due to deposition of damaged muscle protein within the kidney lumen. Hence it's important to assess the need and dosage of cholesterol lowering medication in your case. An alternative type of this medication can be considered if unavoidable.
Review with latest reports of CPK and Podiatrist opinion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- De quervains disease
- Herbs for de quervains tenosynovitis
- What are the symptoms of de quervain's tenosynovitis?
- De quervains tenosynovitis and low estrogen levels
- De quervain's tenosynovitis hand masturbation
- De quervain's tendonitis and masterbation
- De quervain tenosynovitis injection
- De quervains tenosynovitis exercises
- De quervain diabetic
- Is u tri lone used in the treatment of de quervain's tenosynovitis ?
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails