What causes stiffness in the finger joints?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I've noticed three times when I take Aleve with my metoprolol and cozaar meds I get a weird spell of "losing it" after a period of time, especially when on the organ laying during a worship service. This scares me. I take Aleve for arthris pain and stiffness in my finger joints.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not a known interaction effect but persons react differently to medication

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are some interactions but they should not affect mental state but everyone reacts differently

The naproxen can decrease the effect of metoprolol by antagonising its effect.

In some persons there can also be an interaction between naproxen and losartan (cozaar). The naproxen can decrease the blood pressure lowering effect of losartan.

Your reaction may not be documented, but as mentioned, persons react differently to medication.
You may need to consider an alternative pain killer if you are having symptoms with this eg ibuprofen or celebrex or paracetamol

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions