Can Avodart cause dizziness?
Consider controlling A-fib,and stopping pravastatin first
I understand your concern.
Avodart is the brand name for generic Dutasteride.
Some patients report feeling dizzy and lightheaded while taking it. This is because Dutasteride is an inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme responsible for conversion of testosterone to its active form DHT.
Avodart can cause dizziness, but mostly if combined with tamsulosin.
In your case, dizziness could be related to:
- low heart rate (mainly because of Atenolol and atrial fibrillation)
- atrial fibrillation
- pravastatin use
So, Atenolol is excluded as possible cause. Should get a good control of heart rhythm as you have atrial fibrillation.
Discuss with your doctor about stopping pravastatin to see if dizziness will subside too.
If I was your caring doctor would advise as above before attributing dizziness to Avodart.
Hope this answers your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?