Can Advil be taken prior to breast surgery?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a surgery tomorrow to remove me a small mass on my breast, accidentally took advil cause I have a headache
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If your BT, CT are normal and no symptoms tomorrwo, go ahead

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted your history of surgery tomorrow and taking Advil (Ibuprofen) today.
If you do not have symptoms and Bleeding and clotting times are normal, I hope your Surgeon or anesthetist may go ahead with surgery.
I also hope that you do not have any other symptoms like that of flu.
Is this an occasional headache or have it for a long time?
Please provide any further information.
I hope this answer helps.
Please feel free to ask further if you feel that there is a gap of communication.