question-icon

Can 13mm Of Kidney Stones Be Removed Through Medication?

Posted on Wed, 11 Oct 2017
Question: Hi Doctor,

Please review the attached medical report of my mother.

Please advise if the stone of 13mm can be removed from the kidney using some medicines or is it required an operation.

Mxxxxh
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
There are no medicines that can remove 13 mm stone in kidney

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Red the report, it shows fatty liver grade I and 2 calculi in the right kidney of the size of 4 mm and another 13 mm.
Any stone less than 6-7 mm that can pass from the ureter to come down to the urinary bladder usually passes out of the urethra and hence possible that a small stone of 4 mm may pass out.
There are no medicines that can dissolve the stones and hence 13 mm being quite large needs some procedure to remove it.
I am sure your Urologist will guide for the best possible way to remove this large stone.
I hope this answers your query.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon