Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Bump next to the butt crack was bleeding. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 193 Questions
My husband has a bump next to his butt crack, and just today he told me it started to bleed. He has been with it like 2-3 yrs. in cold weathers it would hurt him the most but he has been complaining about it more this week. I'm concern what it is.. Please help...??
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anal abscess, fistula, cyst , hemorroids

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think its important to get a proper medical evaluation. Knowing if its pure blood or blood mixed with some pus is important.

The position described, where the bump is located is a common location for hemorroids, anal cysts and some chronic anal abscesses. The fact that it has been there for a while compel exclusion of an anal fistula or sinus. These are abnormal pathways where XXXXXXX hollow organs like the intestines communicate with other structures like the skin. Accumulation of fluid along the pathways when infected could lead to bump.

The presence of pain could be an infected hemorroid or hemorroids with stones inside. An infectious process more likely (abscess, infected cyst, fistula or sinus) and should be evaluated for in a timely manner and early management to avoid complications.

In case you have any follow up questions, please free asking. I shall be glad contributing to his health. Kind regards a s I wish him good health. He should book an appointment with his primary care doctor.

Dr Rogers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor