Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Brown discharge, odd smell, protected sex. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi i have started having a brownish discharge smelling like vinegar i have a new partner but we have been using condoms each and every time... i have no itching or other signs i am not preganant
Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Brownish discharge normally indicates bloody discharge.When ever there is slight amount of bleeding from any where in the tract,by the time it comes out it becomes brown in color.

There could be some common reason for this like some infection or erosion in the area.As you are using condom the infection is less likely yet possible.

The best thing you need to do it visit a primary care / Gynecologist by appointment and get an examination done. After examination only the cause can be found and treated. It can be normal too.

There is nothing to get alarmed but diagnosis and treatment is must.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor