Blood clots during menstruation. What could be this?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: some problems with my menses clotted blood during interval
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance or uterus pathology check Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. There can be a disorder of hormonal imbalance or a problem with the uterus like endometrial hyperplasia, fibroid or endometriosis. You should get an ultrasound of pelvis to rule out any local pathology and also get examined by local gynecologist to rule out any cervical polyp etc. as a cause for this problem. Your gynecologist may like to get the serum sex hormone assay done if needed. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.