Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Been experiencing twitch by my left tear duct, jaw and mouth. Pain under arm and left breast. Heart attack?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have been experiencing a weird twitch by my left tear duct for a few days and now my jaw and mouth are twitching. I was typing at my computer and suddenly I felt a pain under my left arm and around my left breast. I'm freaking out that I may be having a heart attack --- I am female, just turned 55 on Friday... Laura Brugnoni
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what you are experiencing.

I have to say that I am most suspicious that the symptoms you are experiencing are related to a mild degree of stress or anxiety. Very commonly with a moderate or severe degree of stress there are certain symptoms which can occur including twitching of the year's or the eyes.

The symptoms you're having in your chest are also somewhat commonly associated with stress. I would be more concerned if the symptoms related to your chest were associated with exertion and if you had some associated degree of nausea or sweating. Regarding this I would keep a close eye on how you're feeling. I would also see if the symptoms worsen in severity or if these associated symptoms develop. If you are seeing some progression in the nature of the symptoms related to your chest I would advise that you touch base with your heart attack at this point. However, we do not want to completely ignore this. It is possible that a stress test might give us a little more information and help us completely rule this out.

My recommendations to you would be to focus on relaxation and getting some extra rest over the next couple of days. If your symptoms progress as I have mentioned earlier I think you should touch base with your primary care physician.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor