Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Bee sting, on scalp, two swollen lymph nodes on the neck

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
Could a bee sting to the back of the scalp on the left side account for [what I think are] two swollen lymph nodes on the back on the neck on the left side?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 12 minutes later

Presence of enlarged lymph nodes at any site of the body are indicative of a inflammatory reaction in the surrounding areas. Such inflammatory response could be a infection, injury as a result of trauma, a allergic response to any insect bite, etc.

Therefore, a bee sting can definitely cause a allergic response and result in enlarged lymph nodes in the affected areas.

In case you do have such a case of enlarged lymph nodes, then application of icepacks to the affected area to reduce the swelling and intake of ibuprofen for a few days to reduce the inflammation might help to reduce your symptoms.

In addition antihistamines like benadryl will also be helpful.

I hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor